Freelancer.com is a global online marketplace that connects businesses and individuals with freelancers who offer various skills and services. It was founded in 2009 and is based in Sydney, Australia, but has a presence in over 247 countries and territories. The platform offers a wide range of services, including web development, graphic design, content writing, marketing, and data entry, among others.
One of the key features of Freelancer.com is its bidding system. Employers post projects on the platform, and freelancers can bid on them with their proposed rates and timelines. Employers can then review the proposals and select the freelancer they feel is best suited for the job. Freelancer.com also has a messaging system that allows employers and freelancers to communicate directly to discuss project details and clarify any issues.
To start using Freelancer.com, freelancers need to create a profile that showcases their skills and experience. Employers can search for freelancers based on their profiles and invite them to bid on a project. Freelancers can also browse available projects on the platform and submit proposals. Freelancer.com offers various membership plans, including a free plan and paid plans with additional features such as increased bids, highlighted listings, and access to skills tests.
Freelancer.com offers a safe and secure platform for transactions. Payments are held in escrow until the project is completed and both parties are satisfied with the results. The platform also offers dispute resolution services in case of any issues between employers and freelancers.
Freelancer.com is a popular platform for businesses and individuals looking to outsource various tasks to freelancers worldwide. It offers a user-friendly interface, a wide range of services, and a bidding system that allows employers to find the best freelancer for their projects.
Freelancer.com plan and price details:-
Freelancer.com offers a range of membership plans for both freelancers and employers. Here are the details of the plans and prices:
1. Free Plan: The free plan allows freelancers to bid on 8 projects per month, and they are charged a 10% commission on each project they complete on the platform.
2. Intro Plan: The Intro plan costs $0.99 per month and allows freelancers to bid on 15 projects per month. They are charged a 10% commission on each project they complete on the platform.
3. Basic Plan: The Basic plan costs $4.95 per month and allows freelancers to bid on 50 projects per month. They are charged a 10% commission on each project they complete on the platform.
4. Plus Plan: The Plus plan costs $9.95 per month and allows freelancers to bid on 100 projects per month. They are charged a 10% commission on each project they complete on the platform.
5. Professional Plan: The Professional plan costs $29.95 per month and allows freelancers to bid on an unlimited number of projects. They are charged a reduced commission rate of 5% on each project they complete on the platform.
1. Free Plan: The free plan allows employers to post 1 project per month, and they are charged a 10% commission on the total project cost.
2. Intro Plan: The Intro plan costs $4.95 per month and allows employers to post 15 projects per month. They are charged a 10% commission on the total project cost.
3. Basic Plan: The Basic plan costs $14.95 per month and allows employers to post 50 projects per month. They are charged a 10% commission on the total project cost.
4. Plus Plan: The Plus plan costs $49.95 per month and allows employers to post 100 projects per month. They are charged a reduced commission rate of 5% on the total project cost.
5. Premier Plan: The Premier plan costs $219 per month and allows employers to post an unlimited number of projects. They are charged a reduced commission rate of 3% on the total project cost.
It’s worth noting that Freelancer.com occasionally offers promotions and discounts on their plans, so it’s always a good idea to check their website for the latest pricing information.
How to take projects from Freelancer.com
If you are looking to take on projects from Freelancer.com, here are some steps you can follow:
- Create a profile: Sign up for an account on Freelancer.com and create a profile that showcases your skills, experience, and portfolio.
- Browse for projects: Browse the list of available projects on the site and filter them based on your skills and interests. You can also set up job alerts to receive notifications for relevant projects.
- Submit a proposal: Once you find a project that interests you, submit a proposal that outlines your approach, estimated timeline, and budget. Make sure to highlight your relevant experience and skills.
- Communicate with the client: If the client is interested in your proposal, they may reach out to you for further communication. Be prompt and professional in your responses, and be sure to clarify any doubts or questions you may have about the project.
- Agree on terms: Once you and the client have agreed on the scope of the project, the timeline, and the budget, make sure to put it in writing and have both parties sign a contract or agreement.
- Complete the project: Work on the project according to the agreed-upon timeline and communicate regularly with the client to ensure that they are satisfied with the work.
- Get paid: Once the project is complete, make sure to invoice the client and follow up on payment if necessary.
Remember that Freelancer.com is a competitive platform, so it’s important to have a strong profile and submit compelling proposals to stand out from other freelancers. Additionally, always be professional, courteous, and honest in your dealings with clients.
Top Freelancer.com Niches for Freelancers in 2023
- Web Development: This is a perennially popular niche that encompasses a wide range of skills, including front-end development, back-end development, and full-stack development.
- Graphic Design: From logos to websites to marketing materials, businesses always need high-quality designs to stand out from the competition.
- Writing and Content Creation: Blog posts, articles, social media posts, and product descriptions are just a few examples of the types of content that businesses need to engage their audience and drive conversions.
- Mobile App Development: As more and more people use smartphones for everyday tasks, the demand for mobile apps continues to grow.
- Video Production and Animation: From explainer videos to social media ads to animated shorts, video production, and animation are popular niches that require a combination of technical and creative skills.
- Digital Marketing: Businesses need to reach their target audience online, and digital marketing freelancers can help them achieve this goal through search engine optimization, pay-per-click advertising, social media marketing, and other strategies.
- Virtual Assistance: Many businesses need administrative support but may not have the resources to hire full-time employees. Virtual assistants can provide a range of services, such as data entry, scheduling, email management, and customer support.
freelancer.com payout systems and additional fees:-
Freelancer.com offers several payment options for both freelancers and employers. Here are the payout systems available on the platform:
- Milestone Payments: Milestone Payments are the most commonly used payment system on Freelancer.com. With this system, employers create milestones for the project, and freelancers receive payment only after completing each milestone. The funds are held in escrow until both parties agree that the milestone has been completed to their satisfaction.
- Hourly Projects: Hourly projects are tracked by Freelancer.com’s time-tracking software. Freelancers track the hours they work on the project, and employers are billed accordingly. The funds are automatically released to the freelancer every week.
- Recurring Payments: Recurring payments are used for ongoing projects that require regular work. Employers and freelancers agree on a payment schedule, and funds are automatically released at the agreed-upon intervals.
Freelancer.com charges fees for its services. Freelancers are charged a commission fee on the total project cost, which ranges from 5% to 10%, depending on their membership plan. Employers are also charged a commission fee on the total project cost, which ranges from 3% to 10%, depending on their membership plan.
There are also additional fees that may apply in certain situations, such as currency conversion fees, withdrawal fees, and project upgrade fees. Freelancer.com also offers optional services, such as the ability to highlight a project listing or take a skills test, which comes with additional fees.
It’s important to note that Freelancer.com’s fees and additional charges can add up, so it’s a good idea to read their terms and conditions carefully before using the platform. Freelancers and employers should also keep track of their project costs and payment schedules to avoid any unexpected charges.
In summary, Freelancer.com is a platform that offers a range of membership plans for both freelancers and employers. Freelancers can choose from several plans that allow them to bid on a certain number of projects per month, with commission fees ranging from 5% to 10%. Employers can choose from several plans that allow them to post a certain number of projects per month, with commission fees ranging from 3% to 10%. Freelancer.com offers several payout systems, including milestone payments, hourly projects, and recurring payments. Freelancer.com also charges additional fees for certain services, such as currency conversion, withdrawal, and project upgrade fees. It’s important to carefully read Freelancer.com’s terms and conditions and keep track of project costs to avoid unexpected charges.